We would like to share with you some of the Hints & tips we find so useful in the RV lifestyle.
- 1.Tow hitch correctly attached and safety pin in place
- 2.Safety chains attached and crossed over.
- 3.Stabilizer legs wound into up position
- 4.Caravan handbrake off and wheel chocks removed.
- 5.Carry out light check.
- 6.All equipment securely stowed inside van and in the boot.
- 7.Cupboard door and drawers closed & latched properly
- 8.Pop top down & latches clamped up
- 9.Rollout Awning correctly folded up and secured.
- 10.Water, power and sullage disconnected & stowed away.
- 11.All windows & roof hatches closed and locked.
- 12.Window stone shields closed and secured.
- 13.TV antenna folded down or removed.
- 14.Walk around van and visually check everything one last time. Also check for equipment you may have left behind.
- 15.Caravan door locked, access hatches closed properly.
- 16.Check spare as well as tyres on van and wheel nuts.
- 17.Make sure all internal 12 Volt lights, pumps are off while towing
- 18.Check gas bottles turned off
- 19.Electrical plug connected properly.
- 20.Take the van on a short trip prior to taking on a long trip to iron out any problems
- 21.Before a long trip have your can and van serviced. Will give peace of mind
- 22.Re direct mail, papers, etc if traveling for long periods
- 23.Have a neighbour check on house and surroundings regularly while away
- 24.Always test water (ie drink small amount) before filling your water tanks, its too late once your tank is full and you find the water is off
- 25.Wheel bearing kit