We would like to share with you some of the Hints & tips we find so useful in the RV lifestyle.
- 1.Tow hitch is correctly attached and safety pin in place.
- 2.Safety chains attached and crossed over.
- 3.Stabiliser legs wound into up position.
- 4.Caravan handbrake off and wheel chocks removed.
- 5.Inspect all external lights.
- 6.All equipment securely stowed inside van and in the boot.
- 7.Cupboard doors and drawers closed & latched properly.
- 8.Pop top down & latches clamped up.
- 9.Rollout awning correctly folded up and secured.
- 10.Water, power and sullage disconnected & stowed away.
- 11.All windows & roof hatches closed and locked.
- 12.Window stone shields closed and secured.
- 13.TV antenna folded down or removed.
- 14.Walk around van and visually check everything one last time. Also check for equipment you may have left behind.
- 15.Caravan door locked; access hatches closed properly.
- 16.Check spare tyre as well as all tyres on van and wheel nuts.
- 17.Make sure all internal 12 Volt lights, pumps are off while towing.
- 18.Check gas bottles turned off.
- 19.Electrical plug connected properly.
- 20.Take the van on a short trip prior to any long journeys to iron out any problems.
- 21.Before a long trip have your car and van serviced. It will give you peace of mind for safe travels.
- 22.Re direct mail, papers, etc if travelling for long periods.
- 23.Have a neighbour check on your house and surroundings regularly while away.
- 24.Always test water (i.e. drink small amount) before filling your water tanks, it’s too late once your tank is full and you find the water is off.
- 25.Do you have a spare wheel bearing kit?